Saturday, August 16, 2008


It's been so hot these last few days...100 degrees....which is not normal for this area. Temps are supposed to cool off next week ...it will probably feel like winter after all this heat! I wanted to stitch last night but my stitching light was giving off even more heat so I just gave up! Hopefully I'll get some stitches in today.
I wanted to share this adorable block that I received from Monique in our STO monthly block exchange. The theme for July was Mermaids. I'm not sure how I'll finish this yet, but it's so cute.

8 comments:

  1. I'm not fond of hot weather either, I'm a real "fall" person. Last Sunday it was actually so cool here that I needed to put on long jeans, a long-sleeved t-shirt and socks! It felt delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. come to my blog to get your award!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool little mermaid. Just the right thing to receive and think of the cool ocean water when it's so hot outside, lol.

    Britt

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! I just glanced and thought "what a cute mermaid"... I'm glad you like her! It's Tanya's design (the Sampler Girl).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    I have nominated you for an award. Please visit my blog to pick it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darling mermaid from Monique! I love them in all shapes and sizes! Jinger tells me you'll be with us in the Quaker Friendship Sampler RR!! Great! Me, too!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. You will find a way to finish it. I am sure of it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and thanks for your comments!