Friday, August 31, 2012

blue moon





Since I missed the first WIPocalypse this month, I wanted to make sure I didn't miss this one! Not much to show, but I am slowly getting back in the groove of stitching more and worrying less. I hope it lasts. I don't know what is wrong with my camera, but neither of these pictures is really representative of the piece!

This first is my bit on a round robin that we are doing with Every Stitch Counts. The fabric is actually a very white aida...the thread colors look pretty close! This design is called Patchwork Sampler and I think it will really look pretty when all completed. I had a hard time choosing which block to stitch and finally picked this one because of all the red tones. There is a lot of backstitching, which is not my favorite thing to do (!), but I was really pleased with how it turned out in the end!


This second photo is my progress on Coverlet Birds. I think I am about half-way through and will probably finish it up soon. Again, the colors are way off...the fabric is actually a pretty blue and the threads are two shades of blue and an orangy-red. Hopefully by the next time I take photos, it will look like it actually does in person!


I thought I would also share a couple of photos of the spot I did most of this stitching...we took a ride to the Coast last weekend and it was such a beautiful day. We went to Cannon Beach...that's Haystack Rock in the background (you might know it from the movie The Goonies) and it was really peaceful and relaxing.


We'll have Asher for at least part of this weekend, so I don't think I'll be spending much time with needle and thread, but I know I will be having fun!

Thanks for taking the time to visit! And I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend planned!

8 comments:

  1. My pictures never look true either, I don't think it's so much my camera as the lighting in my house. Maybe take a picture near a window with natural light coming in or take the pictures outside. :) Lovely stitching and great beach pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can never get the fabric to to show as it is in real life! Still lovely though ;-) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your projects look wonderful. I have the same problem with color on my camera!! Thanks for the memory of Cannon Beach. We went down there a few summers ago. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooo loved the film the goonies :) nice to see it again :) sometimes you have to trick the camera and pop your stitching next to something white and then it should show the right colours ...(well it has done for me on a couple of occasions ..lol) love mouse xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great progress on both pieces! I love the goonies film. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Patchwork Sampler piece. Can you tell me who the designer is.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely stitching! You are a master.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and thanks for your comments!