Monday, September 23, 2019

Autumn Equinox 2019

It's hard to believe that fall is already upon us...it's my favorite season, so I am one happy camper, but once again the year is flying by. And once again, there is the hope that I will have the ability to stick to posting to this blog on a regular basis...the desire is there, but the days just seem to go by too fast.

I have been stitching, in part due to some monthly challenges that are keeping me focused. I am also doing Stitch from Stash this year, and I'm doing pretty well (even though I am still adding to my stash from time to time!) I got through the first 6 months with money to spare...not doing as well this half, but I think I will catch up soon.

One of the challenges I decided to try was the Stitch 9 Challenge. This was started by Farmgirl on Instagram. You choose 9 projects to complete before the end of the year. So far, I have 5 of the 9 completed. I'm hopeful that I will be able to finish the other 4. 
Here are some pics of 4 of the ones I have completed:

The first is Spell of the Moon from Blackbird Designs:


Next is Coming to Town from Prairie Schooler. I used the 2011 date because that was the year it was released as an annual piece. I'd like to find the other yearly designs to do someday as well.


This is Mansfield Park from The Sampler Girl. This was a WIP for a long time. I decided to restart it because I didn't like the original fabric I had chosen.


Last is Quaker Gone Poe from Michelle Ink. I love Quakers, and I love Edgar Allen Poe, so this was a no brainer for me to want to stitch, and it was really a pleasure to do. I enjoyed it so much!


I have lots of other projects on the go, many as a result of pulling out WIPs for the monthly challenges with the 24 Hours of Cross Stitch facebook group. I have been encouraged to make progress each month and I see some more finishes coming before the end of the year.

I'll share some more pictures next time, but until then, I hope that maybe I still have some readers left, and if you're one of them, thank you!

"Till next time, please be kind to yourself and others.
xoxo lynda (cozysitcherpdx)

6 comments:

  1. Great projects Lynda!
    Marilyn (Murf)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynda, what wonderful finishes you shared! It sounds like the challenges are helping/encouraging you to get things over the finish line! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see a post from you. Great work on everything. I love the 24Hours group. So lovely and laid back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, they all look fantastic! I like them all, but really like your Quaker Gone Poe.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and thanks for your comments!