Saturday, September 10, 2022

Almost Autumn

 It’s almost Autumn and I can’t wait! This is my favorite time of year…I love the cooler temperatures, wearing warm sweaters and socks, hot cider and all the fall colors.

Now that our hottest days are pretty much over, I also get the chance to sit outside on the front porch and do my stitching. It’s usually pretty quiet in our area and I get to listen to audiobooks or music while I stitch, so I am a happy camper for sure.

I do have a few finishes to share! I have been doing WIPGO (sort of…sometimes it’s hard to keep up) and I have finished a few of my projects.


This is ‘Christmas Sentiments’ from Stoney Creek. It is stitched on an opalescent fabric from Silkweavers which was in my stash since forever. I used the called for threads, but used snowflake buttons instead of stitching all the white snowflakes.


This is ‘Charity’ by Rosewood Manor. Stitched on a white jobelan with the called for DMC, the black is from Anchor.


This piece is called ‘Lena’s Fancy’ by Vintage NeedleArts, stitched on a mystery jobelan with mostly called for over-dyed floss. I stitched this in memory of my grandma Lena, and changed the year to the year she passed away. 


This was not aWIPGO piece, but it a a project that I started in 2016! I actually originally started it in 2012, but after stitching almost 1/4 of the piece, I realized that I was stitching it horizontally instead of vertically!There was too much stitched to frog out, so I shed a few tears and put it away. I finally decided to restart it in 2016, using different fabric and different colors. The flosses are from Victorian Motto. It has been slow going, but at the beginning of August, I joined a new group, stitching 25 minutes or 25 stitches a day on a project. Some days I stitched more, but I was able to finish the piece by the end of the month.
This is ‘Quaker Christmas II’ by By Gone Stitches.

My next 25/7 project is ‘Halloween Quaker’ by Lila’s Studio. I was anxious to start this when it came out, but couldn’t decide on a fabric. Anyway, I finally started it in November 2019, but kept putting it away. I don’t know why! So, this is what it looked like when I picked it up again on September 1st…


And this is where I am now. I’m stitching it on Haunted from Picture This Plus, with the called for flosses, substituting Anchor black for DMC 310. I’m really enjoying this again and hope to have it finished by Halloween.


So, I think that’s all for today. I have lots of stitching plans for the next few weeks, so we’ll see what happens.
  I hope everyone is finding lots of time to stitch, or at least time to play in your stash!
Please remember to be kind to yourself, and everyone you meet.
Until next time…cozystitcherpdx

6 comments:

  1. What beautiful pieces you have finished, Lynda! You have made good progress on the Halloween Quaker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous work in this post. I love all the Quaker Samplers. The Christmas one was a big re-do but worth it as it's so gorgeous.
    Love the trees in the Stoney Creek too. Of course, the spooky sampler is a favourite of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your lovely finishes! It's not quite cold here yet, but chilly in the mornings. I'm looking forward to getting my winter coats and boots and scarves and hats out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a great content on here, I find something in herbal medicine good to share on here with anyone suffering from the disease such as HIV, Herpes, Hepatitis,Diabetes, Spinal cancer,Stomach cancer,Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancer,
    Testicular cancer,Tach Diseases,Pancreatic Cancer,Leukemia,Liver cancer,Throat cancer,Scoliosis,Brain Tumor,Fibromyalgia, Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Bladder cancer,Brain cancer,Hiv,Herpes,Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,Hodgkin lymphoma
    Intestinal cancer,Kidney cancer,Hpv,Lung cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Multiple myeloma,Neuroendocrine tumors
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresS sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Chronic Lyme Disease, Lupus as well.Dr Itua herbal made cure my HIV and gave me hope that he can cure all types of diseases I believed him) I do the best of myself that I can do, I went for a program in west Africa about fashion on another side I was HIV positive. I walk through a nearby village for our program schedule then I found a signage notice that says Dr Itua Herbal Center then I asked my colleagues what all about this very man called Dr Itua, She told me that he's a herbal doctor and he can cure all kind of disease i walked to him and explain myself to him as I'm a strangler out there he prepared me herbal medicine and told me how to drink it for two weeks, when I get to my hotel room I take a look at it then says a prayer before I drank it not knowing after two weeks I went to test and I found out I was negative I ran to him to pay him more but he refuses and says I should share his works for me around the globe so sick people can see as well. I'm writing a lot about him this season so that is how I was cured by drinking Dr Itua herbal medicine, He's A caring man with a godly heart. Well - everything I decided all went through for me well and how you're going to treat this new aspect to your life. You don't have to suffer alone, and it's okay to ask for help. It also doesn't have to be a constant demon, as you'll get to know your body and yourself in a much deeper way than most people. Take advantage of this, as it will help you appreciate Africa Herbal Made.
    Dr Itua Contact Information.
    Email...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com. 
    Whatsapp Number....+2348149277967   

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Almost Autumn" conjures up a sense of transition and anticipation. It captures that delicate moment when summer lingers, but hints of autumn are starting to emerge. The phrase evokes a bittersweet feeling, as we say goodbye to the warmth and vibrancy of summer, while also eagerly anticipating the beauty and coziness of autumn. It paints a picture of nature's changing colors and a subtle shift in the atmosphere. "Almost Autumn" beautifully captures that in-between season, where nostalgia meets anticipation, making it a captivating and evocative phrase.


    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the Lena one. The one which says 1973. The flowers are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and thanks for your comments!