Tuesday, January 19, 2010

jan 19 - little by little

It was so nice to have an extra day off this weekend. Time flew by though, as it usually does!

Happily, I was able to get a little stitching done yesterday and finally have my first finish of the year...a small block for the block exchange with the Stitcher's Timeout group. This month's theme is "green", so I stitched this freebie design that I had in my stash. Unfortunately I can't remember where it is from...I know it was from one of the French blogs, but can't remember which one. Maybe someone can help me out? It is stitched on a piece of green evenwweave with Belle Soie silks in "Collard Greens".



My sister called last night and she and my niece are planning a trip out here next month. They will only be here for a long weekend but it will be good to see them both. They live in New Jersey, and we haven't seen each other since my nephew's wedding almost two years ago. Of course, the real reason they are coming is to see the little guy, but who can blame them?



Thanks for visiting!

4 comments:

  1. Your stitching is beautiful! Enjoy your visit with your family, and what a cute pic!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just sorting through my freebies the other day and recognized the pattern - here's the link: http://cargaudlabrico.canalblog.com/archives/2009/01/23/12187431.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful and elegant stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and thanks for your comments!