Tuesday, May 15, 2012

another blog hop!

The question posed this time is:

Do you use a stand when you stitch? If so, tell us about it and share pictures if you’ve got them. If not, would you like to try using a stand? Do you have any tips or tricks around using a stand versus not using a stand?

Well...I actually have two stands...one is a lap stand, and the other is a Lowery stand that my wonderful husband surprised me with one year for Christmas. I've used them both from time to time, and I actually do like using them. But the problem right now is that my good stitching light and both stands are upstairs, and I seem to be doing most of my stitching downstairs in the living room.  I know that I could easily bring the stands down and then back up but usually I just don't take the time. It's a shame really!
And I've never taught myself to stitch two-handed, which from what I've read is made easy with a stand.

So I guess I should be less lazy and put some more mileage on those stands! Can't wait to read what everyone else does!


Visit all the blogs in this round of the Stitching the Night Away Stitching Blogger Blog Hop:
1.Cindy2.Stands - Love 'em or leave 'em?
3.Stitching Stands4.How Do You Stand It?
5.Faithfully Stitching's Blog Hop6.BLog Hop #2 stand or no
7.Using a Stand8.another blog hop

Thanks for taking the time to visit!

6 comments:

  1. I usually stitch in hand unless the piece is very large. I have a quilt stand that I use for a REALLY big piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stitch in hand. I don't own a stand. I've reopened my blog and wanted to say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You definitely should put some mileage on them, LOL

    I have a floor stand which I've never used because it doesn't fit well with my overstuffed sofa. The lapstands are great though, and more portable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely give two-hand stitching a try - I love it <3 It takes some getting used to, but once you get the swing of it you pick up speed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! You sound like me..."it's in the other room so I'll make do". Epitome of laziness or ingenuity to adapt??

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just keep the project in one hand and I stitch with the other hand.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and thanks for your comments!