Sunday, July 6, 2008


I hope everyone had a great 4th of July weekend. We had a very relaxing weekend, and really enjoyed having the extra day off. We spent part of the 4th at the annual Waterfront Blues Festival. This is the main fundraiser for the Oregon Food Bank and it is always well-attended. This year was no exception and with the nice weather the crowds were huge. It runs for 4 days so I'm sure they made lots of money and collected lots of food this year. We heard Canned Heat play... a real blast from the past, among lots of other great musicians. We also hit the Empty Bowls booth...they sell pottery...both perfect and not-so-perfect pieces and we always manage to do some damage there. This year was no exception...we came home with six new pieces!
Yesterday we spent most of the morning at the Farmers Market which is always great for fresh produce, flowers, crafts and lunch, as well as some good music. Another beautiful weather day and another great crowd.
Today we drove out to Sauvie Island and wandered around a bit. The doggies got to play in the water a bit too.
I did manage to get a little bit of stitching done as well. I finished a biscornu for an exchange with the STO group. I think it looks ok but I am not entirely pleased with the finishing. I might be the only person stitching who isn't in love with this type of finish. Maybe I just need to try another one...maybe! I also stitched a bit on a round robin that I am already late on, and I started my July ornie for the JCS ornament SAL. My main goal for the week is to finish this round robin so that I can get back to some of my other WIPs.
Here is a photo of the biscornu. The design is a freebie that I got online but I can't remember the source. I stitched it with one of the new DMC variegated threads.

2 comments:

  1. Lynda, your biscornu is lovely. I like the thread that you used. I may try to get one done for this exchange, we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still haven't tried one of these, but yours is beautiful! You've picked a really pretty floss and fabric combo!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and thanks for your comments!