Monday, November 24, 2008

november 24




This was a very productive weekend for me, stitching-wise. I was able to stitch and finish 3 small pieces.
The first is my December ornament for the monthly JCS ornie SAL at the Stitcher's Timeout group. It is a Lizzie Kate design from the 2001 JCS ornie issue.
The second is my piece for this month's challenge at the monthly challenge blog. November's challenge was a needlebook. I used a piece of linen banding to stitch on. The design is a small peacock motif taken from the new Stacy Nash Christmas booklet, and it is stitched with Weeks "Father's Day floss.
I recently joined Vonna's Seasonal Ornament blog and the first challenge was to stitch a Thanksgiving themed ornie. I found this old Rainbow Gallery freebie designed by Eirca Michaels. It is stitched on a piece of jazlyn in an almond color. I swapped out the threads and used some GAST and Weeks for the design. I used Carrie's Threads - Harvest Moon - for the lettering. I love all the autumn shades in that floss.
It is rare for me to sit down and finish things right away, so I really do feel like I accomplished something this weekend!

6 comments:

  1. What wonderful finishes! I love that peacock needle book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all lovely, I especially love be

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice finishes, love the blue peacock !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the finishes! they are all beautiful!!! I am also enjoying your progress on Quaker Christmas! So pretty! Keep up the great work!
    ~A Joyful Stitcher~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on all those lovely finishes. You must have been very happy and proud - I would like to have that many finishes in one day, too, but I doubt that this will ever happen here, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and thanks for your comments!