Saturday, April 25, 2009

april 25 - catching up

It's the New Moon, which means another update to the Totally Useless SAL. There are a few scraps from the exchange I finished this morning as well as the usual pieces of floss. This container is almost one quarter full already!

I've been stitching on an exchange for the Prairie Schooler year long exchange which I can't show yet. I mailed it off this morning though, so maybe soon...This is my bit on a round robin that we are doing in Ally's group. This is Ginny's robin and her theme is birdhouses. I found this pattern in Cross Country Stitching magazine (Feb 2009) and used a bit for my part. The fabric is actually a brown color... I don't know why it is showing up like this!

These are the beautiful squares I received from Jane for Round 12 at Fair & Squares. She stitched Papillon Designs "Tiny Little Quaker" with a dusty rose thread from Carrie's. I love this design...in fact I stitched it for a partner once for F & S, but never got around to stitching it for myself. I'm trying to decide what kind of little pretty I can make with these. Thanks again Jane!


My daughter was visiting from Boston last week, and we also had our grandson here for the weekend. We had lots of fun, but not much stitching got done! So here are a couple of photos of Asher with his Auntie Sara.

Now I am off to stitch on my Beatrix Potter Quaker Sampler. It has been a bit neglected so far this month. Hopefully I will have a progress photo to show next time.
Thanks for visiting!


8 comments:

  1. Oh Asher is a DOLL!! Bet that was a wonderful visit. I like your choice for the RR, so bright and cheerful are those birdhouses. Great exchange piece to receive too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a little doll that Asher is!!! How sweet! Love the stitching too....

    KP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute birdhouses! and great pics of your daughter and grandson!
    He is adorable:)
    Pretty F&S squares!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a 'Cutie Patootie'! TUSAL's coming along nicely too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, that smile on Asher's face in the second pic is just so adorable!! He looks like he is enjoying his time with Aunt Sara!!! Great TUSAL progress! love the birdhouses! Beautiful square as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My, my, my ... don't those jars fill up fast (LOL). And all the pieces you're stitching on to fill it up are just lovely. I really like your F&S squares too. Love having those grand-babies visit but, you're right not much stitching goes on while they're with us....and your's is just a little doll!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and thanks for your comments!