Monday, March 22, 2010

march 22 - it's finally spring!



I'm so glad that it looks like spring is finally here!This weekend was beautiful - weather-wise, and it looks like it's here to stay.

Hubby was so sick that he was in bed all weekend. Turns out he has strep throat...ick! But I did manage to get some stitching done. Nothing I can show pictures of yet because both are for others. I finished the stitching for a pin pillow exchange and still have to do the finishing on that one. It's my first of this type of finish so I hope it turns out ok.

I also stitched a piece for another exchange. This one is a PIF, a late one at that. I was mortified when catching up on blogs this weekend. I realized that the inconsiderate sloth who had neglected to send on a PIF to a fellow blogger was me! I really feel awful about it and there are really no good excuses. I always try to be so careful to send things on time. I know I had placed a reminder on my blog, but when I changed things up I neglected to carry over all my sidebar stuff. And out of sight, out of mind! I checked through all my old notebooks and places where I write things down and there it was for February. I am so embarrassed for being so feeble-minded and forgetful. Anyway, I've emailed my partner and I hope she understands. I finished the stitching for the piece this weekend and am going to try and get the finishing part done this week. I will be at a conference every day through Saturday, so if I don't get to it this week I'll be able to get it out next week for sure. I hope she'll like it even though it is a month late!

Here is one photo I can share. It is the Quaker round robin that our group is working on this time. It is "The Hunt" by Homespun Samplar. I stitched my part on a piece of linen from Silkweaver...either 28 or 32 ct. in a color called "sudden storm". It is stitched with GAST floss - Brethren Blue. It is a fairly easy to stitch piece, even though I had to frog quite a few bits on mine. I just wasn't concentrating I guess.


Thanks for visiting!

6 comments:

  1. The hunt is a very pretty piece. Sorry you had to frog it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Stitching. We had great sunny weather this weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a beauty. I am so in love with Quaker type patterns.

    How is GAST to work with? I use HDF and love it. I am thinking of expanding and trying other types. The prices make it a hard decision.

    Have a wonderful day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lynda! Thank you for being a good buddy and a helpful blogger :) I've awarded you for it, and hope the award is available on my blog cause I still don't know if I got it right :)
    Thank you!
    babs

    ReplyDelete
  5. RR looks good! I'm sure your partner in the PIF was totally understanding. We've all been there and done that one! And kudos for you to want to immediately stitch for them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Suddenly the Hunt is popping up everywhere! I've got this in my stash and it might move up in the to do list if I keep seeing it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and thanks for your comments!