Monday, March 1, 2010

march 1 - beginnings and endings

Another month has flown by...we had beautiful spring-like weather this weekend and even though it was colder today I don't think the cold will hang on...at least I hope not. So hopefully this is the beginning of spring!

I was sad to see the Olympics end last night...I must admit to being a bit of a winter games addict...other than curling, there's not much I didn't watch. I thought these games were really exciting, and the athlete's stories always grab me. This time around there was lots of sadness, but also so much real joy. Great games all around I thought.

I think I finally realized what has been contributing to my stitching funk. This is tax season, and one of my least favorite things to do ever is our taxes. Even though I know that it is all numbers and there is nothing I can really do about the outcome, I always feel guilty when we have to pay up (and we almost always do) because I am the one doing the paperwork. I know it makes no sense to feel that way, but I do anyway. So I put the task off. Usually I try to get them done by Super Bowl Sunday, but this year I just couldn't get into it. And I think that subconsciously I was thinking that until I had that chore done I couldn't really relax and enjoy my stitching. Guilt? Hormones? Lunacy? All of the above?

So now the dastardly deed is done and I can get back to what is really important...putting needle and thread to fabric and creating something pretty.

I brought my round robin piece to work and actually stitched at lunch today. It is going pretty quickly. I have to get my bit done and in the mail by the 15th and I think I will be able to meet that deadline with time to spare. I don't have a picture, but I'll try to get one to post tomorrow.

So off to the kitchen to get dinner going...actually it's almost done... Jeff cooked up a batch of chicken cacciatore last night and it smelled so yummy. So all I have to do is get the linguine going and we will have a feast!

And then...an evening with my needle and thread. Yippee!

Thanks for visiting!

4 comments:

  1. The air here is full of tree pollen so I was certain spring was on it's way. We're supposed to have more freezing temps this week though. Generally I love our mild winters but I've really felt the cold this year. I know, I have no reason whatsoever to complain...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about the Olympics being over...we live in Vancouver. It feels like Christmas is done and the tree and decoration have to be packed away. Depressing. It was such fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you sure don't stand alone in the neglecting the stitching over the past two weeks. Seems the TV was the main focal point in many homes across Canada and the US. Now that the games are over, Let the Stitching Begin.
    Dinner sounds wonderful. Enjoy then get to your stitching.
    Be always in stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I watch the hockey, I like to stitch while watching. Are after area of stitching will complete. I just watched the opening ceremony of the winter games. I stitched a lot during that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and thanks for your comments!