Thursday, March 25, 2010
march 26 - better late than never!
I have been very forgetful lately and have neglected to post a few things.
First, I am more than a week late with my TUSAL update! I have decided to use a smaller glass container for a bit. Everything just looks prettier in there! There are some threads from some recent little bits that have yet to be finished.
Next...some very belated thank you's to two friends for passing along awards to me.
Babs was so sweet to pass along this sunshine award
And Cyndi passed along this award
This one actually has some conditions, and in addition to thanking Cyndi I am supposed to post ten things about myself that people might not know. Well, there is not an awful lot about me to know...I lead a pretty normal and simple life, but I'll give it a try!
1. I lived in New York my whole life (44 years) except for a 6 month stint in Massachusetts where my second daughter was born) until moving to Oregon 16 years ago, yet as soon as I got here I felt like I was finally home
2. I was a school librarian (elementary through high school) for ten years before moving into public libraries
3. When it comes to sports, I watch but don't play...and I live for baseball, and have since the earliest years of the NY Mets. Now I am a huge Mariners fan but still like watching the Mets and the Red Sox
4. I saw the Beatles at Shea Stadium
5. I met my husband when he was still in high school...I'm six years older than he is
6. I have zero coordination when it comes top using two hands...can't knit and can't drive a stick shift
7. Music has always been a huge part of my life & I can still sing along (although badly) to most of the songs that are the soundtrack of my life
8. I love to dance, even when I am alone
9. I've been stitching for almost 40 years (with some breaks) but only started stitching things for myself ten years ago.
10. I have many guilty pleasures when it come to television...like "That 70's Show", "Supernanny" and old sitcoms (I can watch the same episodes over and over)
So thank you again, and now I am going to not follow the rules which say to pass these awards along to a finite number of bloggers. Some bloggers don't like to post awards. And to be honest there are just too many blogs that I love to visit...I couldn't pick just 8 or 10 or 12. Please check the blogs in my sidebar and then check their sidebars and on and on. You will find so many wonderful blogs and wonderful bloggers, to visit. Enjoy the process!
Thanks for visiting!