Monday, February 6, 2012

february 7 - it's WIPocalypse time!

I am very pleased that I have actually accomplished some stitching since the last full moon! There are some photos in previous posts of my January ornament, and my completed Autumn Band Sampler, so I won't repeat those here.

This is my progress so far on Lizzie Kate's Art of Aging Artfully that I am doing as part of a Lizzie Kate SAL at Every Stitch Counts. These designs are such fun to stitch!

Next up is my completed Dandy Dreams from Silver Creek Samplers. I have loved this design since it was first released, and Hazel was kind enough to loan me the pattern so I could stitch it up. I wish I could remember the name of the fabric I used. It is from Picture This Plus, but I can't remember the color. It is really pretty in person though...and so soft. I also love the thread colors in this one.

Here is my progress on Nancy's Traditional Sampler, that some of us are stitching at Friendly Stitchers. If you saw my last update you might be surprised at this one and rightfully so. I can't explain why the fabric looks blue and the thread, purple! It is actually a pale gray fabric with Williamsburg thread, which is a red blend. I don't know how this happened...hopefully my next update will look more like the real thing!

And, finally, here is my finished February Cottage from Country Cottage Needleworks. This is such a pretty series of designs. I left off the bottom border so it would fit in my frame, but as each month passes and I replace the piece in the frame, I will stitch the bottom borders and finish these off into little pillows for a basket for next year. I used all the recommended colors, except that I stitched the little birds in blue (they were charted in white)...partly because I love bluebirds and partly because I hate stitching with white thread!


And there you have it for the month! I hope I can be as productive by the next Full Moon!

Thanks so much for visiting and for all your wonderful comments!

13 comments:

  1. Your finishes are really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've had a busy month! Love your projects.

    I find photographing stitching to be difficult. I can get the fabric color right or the thread color but never both it seems. I can see bits of red in Nancy's Traditional Sampler and I'm sure it's gorgeous on the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have made some great progress this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow lots of great stitching, congrats. CJ in OK ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful stitching, I love the Dandy Dreams finish

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooo you have been busy :) lovely progress on the sampler and love your idea with the cottages ....
    and I really must get that dandy dreams chart ... just love it :) love mouse xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful work, everything looks wonderful - I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow such lovely stitching..i love them all so much xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great stitching! Love all your WIP!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on a great WIPocalypse update.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your projects are looking great. I especially love Dandy Dreams - once I managed to read what it says ;-) The colours are just right there. Enjoy stitching on your other pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You sure can stitch! The projects look awesome.e

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and thanks for your comments!