Monday, March 14, 2011

march 14 - before the day gets away from me


I wanted to post here before the day gets too busy and I forget. We're short-staffed all week so it should be a fun one!

Luckily, we had a very laid back and relaxing weekend and I was able to get lots of stitching time (and lots of napping time too!). I finally finished my January 1st start...Ellen Birdseye from The Goode Huswife. This was a design I had wanted to do for a long time and I was finally able to buy the pattern and get it started. It was a really enjoyable piece to stitch as well.


I also wanted to finally share a photo of Three Things Sampler from Moira Blackburn. This was a huge finish for me...it was started in 2005! It's one of those pieces that was so enjoyable to stitch that every time I picked it back up I wondered why I had ever put it down in the first place...the photo looks a bit blurry...it's hard to get a clear view since it is rather large. Hopefully once it's framed I'll have a clearer photo to share.


I also got one more of my block exchanges stitched recently. This is Summer ABCs from Lizzie Kate and it is for the block exchange at the Stitchers Timeout group. The theme for this one is summer.


We have a really fun exchange at Friendly Stitchers called Calendar Girls. There are groups of six and each month someone is the designated "pin-up girl" for the month. That lucky person gets lots of wonderful fabrics and flosses from the others in the group. This year, I was lucky enough to be the first to receive and this is a photo of all the goodies I got in the mail. It's hard to see everything in the basket but trust me the fabrics are beautiful and the threads are amazing...lots of fabulous autumn shades...my faves!


I also decided to stitch a card for this month's recipient...usually I just buy them but I thought I would give it a go and it was fun to do. This is part of Birthday Blessings from Lizzie Kate.


Finally, this is a photo of the lovely exchange I received from Elizabeth, also from the Friendly Stitchers group. This was a spring pincushion exchange...a stitched pincushion along with some spring colored threads. Elizabeth stitched Hello Spring from Lizzie Kate. It has little beads all around and I just love it. I'm already using it, in fact! Hopefully she will have mine by the end of the week and I can share a photo then.


Well, I guess that's enough of me for one day!

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit!

18 comments:

  1. Woohoo - awesome stitching! Love, love your Three Things finish and EB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Three Things sampler is FANTASTIC! Congrats on the finish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really is lovely - so glad you persevered! I like the Scattering Moments too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! you've been very productive and such beautiful finishes. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much eye candy in one post it's hard to take it all in! you received some lovely things from your friends! Your Three Things Sampler is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ellen Birdseye looks wonderful! Congrats on finishing your New Years start.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done on finishing "the three things" that's some persevering for you :) . love your stash haul and the other stitched bits too love mouse xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great finishes, Linda! I love the Ellen Birdseye piece - yours looks just beautiful but wowzers! That Moria Balckburn piece is so spectacular! I love the sentiment and the colors are just wonderful; so soft and pretty! Congratulations on keeping with it and having such a special finish!

    Fun goodies you received and made, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Three Things Sampler is a real masterpiece - absolutely beautiful! I also love the Lizzie*Kate Summer ABC. You really have received some fantastic exchanges, can't wait to see what you sent!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, wow and wow. What gorgeous finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your finishes! Your Ellen Birdseye is so pretty as is your sampler!

    happy stitching.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful stitching. I love Ellen Birdseye!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello and congrats! You have been awarded the Stylish Blogger Award. You can find more about it here: www.stitchesbykryss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful finishes, i do love Ellen Birdseye, I'd love to stitch this too one day

    love the threads you received, I'm sure you'll enjoy playing with those

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow ~ your finishes are awesome, Lynda! Huge congratulations on finishing Three Things...it's really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love those big samplers! Three Things is fabulous. Love the blues in Ellen Birdseye, too. Those threads and fabrics look like they'll be lots of fun to put to use!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and thanks for your comments!