Friday, March 18, 2011

march 18 - a wonderful find and some questions

My thread for Quaker Winter Slumber came in yesterday's mail, but...it doesn't quite match...too much bright purple. Of course I shouldn't be surprised...it has been a long time since I got the threads in the first place. I guess I could just cut out the bright spots, but I thought I would try to find some more instead. And this morning, I came upon a wonderful little quilt and mercantile store in the town right next to where I work! What a great shop! If I was a quilter I am sure I would be drooling over all the beautiful fabrics...I was anyway, and I don't quilt! But they also carry a small amount of Weeks and GAST threads and lots of Boyd's bears and Jim Shore pieces (little ones that I can actually afford to buy!) So I found my color (and it does look closer to the original) and also picked up a bunch more that looked very springy, as well as some adorable scissors. I am already planning my next visit to this great little shop!

I have a couple of techy blogger type questions that I am hoping someone might be able to help me with. First, I found the place to change to fun type faces, but they are only showing in my headings and sidebar. How can I get a fun typeface for the actual text of posts?
Also (I know someone has talked about this, but I can't remember who)...is there an easy way to comment to people who comment on our blogs? I am so grateful to anyone who takes the time to make a comment and I would really love to be able to send off a reply.
So...can anyone help me?

My grandson is coming for a sleepover weekend, so there probably won't be too much stitching going on at our house this weekend! He is much more interested in his trains and blocks! I hope it dries out at least a little bit so we can spend some time outdoors.

I hope everyone has a fun weekend planned!

Thanks for taking the time to visit!

5 comments:

  1. I'm not sure about the fonts (I'll be watching your blog to see if someone helps you on that because I need help too), but as far as commenting back to people.

    Go to Design
    Then go to Settings
    Then you will see two lines or tabs - go to the second line in Blue and hit Comments
    Scroll down to the page to Comment Notification Email
    and put your email in.

    Now when you get a comment it will go to your email account and you can answer people back through email. Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Deb answered the question I knew the answer to, and I also will be watching to see what fonts you can find.

    Good news about the quilt shop, I would really love that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynda, because of your questions I was able to go my template design and add some fonts. There weren't fonts for everything so you may have clicked on one that didn't and thought the rest wouldn't either. Go back to where you changed these fonts and continue down the line....some do, some don't. thanks for the questions :)
    babs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do what Deb does for comments - just reply to them in email as they hit my inbox. It only works if they have their email address hooked up with Blogger though. (Most people do, but some don't.)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and thanks for your comments!