Thursday, March 17, 2011

march 17 - spring?????

The calendar says that spring is just around the corner and I want to believe it...really I do! But this has been such a dark and dreary week...gray skies, tons of rain, even some hail and crazy wild winds. It is perfect weather to find a comfy seat indoors though and have a hot cup of tea, so that is what I have been doing every chance I get! There was a spring training game on tv last night too which made me smile...baseball season will be here before we know it and I will be planted in my comfy chair watching as much as I can...just a bit of a fan am I!

Anyway, I have been doing some stitching this week. I'm in a Midnight Stitching kind of mood! I love Marianne's designs and these two are no exception. This one is Quaker Winter Slumber and I am stitching it on a white opalescent linen with Weeks thread in eggplant. Unfortunately, I ran out of thread :(, but some is onthe way so I will get back to this one very soon. I only have the bottom section to do and it will be finished. The original design is finished as a bellpull, but I'm not sure yet what I will do.


This second design is A Prairie Girl's Sampler. It was one of the pieces I chose for my Crazy 15 Starts Challenge. It is being stitched on jobelan (bittersweet lite) with Crescent Colors thread in Barn Door. I am really enjoying stitching this piece!


Sorry for the wrinkle marks in the photos. I just grabbed these off their respective hoops and q-snaps so I could take a quick photo before I left for work!

I hope you are all having a happy St. Patrick's Day...Irish or not. I think we are all a little bit Irish on this day!

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit!

8 comments:

  1. Two very nice pieces. I really like the Praire Girl's one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope sunshine makes it your way soon! Nice progress on your stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful pieces you are working on...I really like Slumber!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stitching! Marianne does have some wonderful patterns. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, monochromatic stitching can be so beautiful, right? :o

    I had a backlog of your posts to read on this visit, and I noticed a few back that you were musing on lost followers and then were told that you had maxed out your limit yourself. The solution to this is to use and RSS feed like Google's "Reader" (which is the one I use). The only "too many posts" you'll have is too many for you to ever read! (My problem, and why I'm such a stranger.)

    As for any hurt over "lost" followers, blogger like so many computer systems has it's bugs, and you can rise or drop when nothing even changed at all. Don't let your heart be troubled, and keep up the good stitching/blogging work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lynda Prairie Girl's Sampler is beautiful in that color! Glad you're enjoying both designs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and thanks for your comments!