Monday, January 2, 2012

january 2 - a quiet day

Today was just the right kind of day to have before going back to work...quiet, restful...dare I say, lazy?

Spent the morning trying to get a few missing DMC threads from Michaels...their stitching section has dwindled to practically nothing here. When I was checking out, the girl told me that they had sent much of their stock to another local Michael's, so I guess I will be stopping there from now on. Then I headed to Barnes & Noble to get a couple of magazines and a procrastinator's daily calendar. Well...the magazines are so unorganized that I couldn't find what I was looking for, and the calendars were all gone. Guess I shouldn't have procrastinated so long!

I did get some stitching done while watching our Oregon Ducks win the Rose Bowl! It was a good game too...both teams played really well. And it was nice to see the Ducks finally win a Bowl game.

This is a scan of my progress so far on Autumn Band Sampler. The fabric is much more yellow than it looks. I am enjoying stitching this one lots.


Now I am off to hopefully finish my book before bedtime.

Thanks for taking the time to visit!

11 comments:

  1. It is beautiful and delicate design! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is looking so lovely..well done
    hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooo well done on your autumn band sampler... I am hoping to start on the winter one today :) and shame about your michaels store ... love mouse xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your autumn band sampler is looking lovely. Odd that all the calendars are sold out. Do you think it's because most people are using an electronic device? There is something about a good old fashioned paper calendars!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the sampler progress. Sounds too busy for a lazy day to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful stitching, frustrating shopping :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty sampler. I like the color of the fabric you are stitching it on even if it is altered by the scan. LOL. Isn't it sad how the stitching sections at Michael's has dwindled? Mine doesn't even carry the Dimensions kits anymore. I noticed more punch needle stuff than anything.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sampler is going to be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely design and stitching! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How lovely stitching! I am sad for that Michael's, but happy, that there is other Michael's.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and thanks for your comments!