Thursday, January 18, 2018

YOW 2018

Hello friends, today is the official start of Soulful Stitching's Year of WIPs (YOW) 2018! Soulful Stitching is a Facebook group run by Melanie Watkins. Last year, I finished 12 out of 16 projects and I feel pretty good about that. Some of them were WIPs that were around for years. So this year, I have chosen 20 projects to work on for this SAL. 

Project #1: This is Dreidel, Dreidel from Ink Circles. This was my January 1 start this year (barely!)


Project #2: This is Carve Blessings from Count Your Blessings. Started in January 2017... this was supposed to be a 10 stitches per day project, but I found that hard to do, so here it is!


Project #3: This is Thread Gathering from Little House Needleworks. This was the original kit, and I started it soon after it came out, but I can't remember when that was, sometime in 2006 though.


Project #4: This is Olde Shaker Tune from Homespun Elegance. This was started January 2011, s part of  Crazy January Challenge.


Project #5: This is Hawaiian Mandala from Ink Circles. This was started in July 2016. I've had to buy threads for this 3 times because I kept losing them!


Project #6:This is Coffee Quaker from Heartstring Samplery. This was started in September 2017, a SAL I didn't keep up with.


Project #7: This is Mansfield Park from The Sampler Girl. I started this many years ago, but didn't like the fabric, so I restarted it again in November 2017. (this was one of my original pieces from last year but I misplaced the pattern and had to replace it with a different project.)


Project #8: This is Thirty Birds from Hands to Work. I started this in January 2011, another Crazy January Challenge start.


Project #9: This is The Bookshelf from Little House Needleworks. I started this in June 2006. (another piece from last year that I lost the pattern for...do you see a trend here?)


Project #10: This is A Good Marriage from Lizzie Kate. I started this in January 2017 (again, barely!) I had hoped to finish this for our wedding anniversary last year...maybe this year?


Project #11: This is My To Do List from Lizzie Kate. I started this in January 2017.


Project #12: This is Necessities Sampler from Little House Needleworks, I started this in January 2015, another Crazy January Challenge start.


Project #13: This is Ocean Daughter from Who Knows? I started this in January 2017. I started this as pasrt of a monochrome challenge SAL but didn't get very far.


Project #14: This is Deers Among Wood from Dessins DHC. I started this in December 2017. I've had this in my stash for so long and I'm glad to finally have started it!


Project #15: This is To Be Thankful from Country Cottage Needleworks. I started this in September 2017, another birthday SAL piece.


Project #16: This is Warm Winter Woolens from Little House Needleworks. I started this in January 2012, another Crazy January Challenge piece.


Project #17: This is Gina, Queen of the Sea from Ink Circles. I started this in September 2017, as part of a birthday SAL.



Project #18: This is 47 Hearts from Silver Creek Samplers. i started this in February 2015.


Project #19: This is Quaker Gone Poe from Mchelle Ink. I started this in November 2017.


Project #20: This is Cinnamon Stars from Plum Street Samplers. I started this in November 2017.


Whew! So that's quite a lot! I think I have my work cut out for me. No real plan...I thought about doing a rotation, but I think I am more likely to just stitch what I feel like each day. I'll post my progress here, so I hope you'll follow me on this journey.

Until next time, please remember to be kind to yourself and others and to be grateful very day!
Thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

  1. Great choices. This was my first time joining in YOW. I picked out 15 so far haha. One is really 12 pieces though. Good luck. I'll enjoy cheering you along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, Lynda, this is such a lot of great projects and there'a a lot of variety so that you will never get bored. I also find rotations difficult as it's never the project that I should stich on that really attracts me most.
    I wish you all the best of luck with your 20 projects. And of course I will follow your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a mountain of work ahead of you. But I am sure you will tame it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and thanks for your comments!