Saturday, March 14, 2009

mar 14 - lovely surprises and ladybugs

There were two lovely surprises waiting for me in our mailbox when we got home from our trip. The first is this pretty red block that Sue stitched for the monthly block exchange with the STO group. I think it will make a lovely scissor fob.

I also received this wonderful mattress pincushion from Mylene. She had a drawing on her blog and I was the lucky winner.This is one of Erynne's adorable designs and I love ladybugs so it is just perfect. Mylene did a beautiful job with both the stitching and finishing. It is my first mattress pincushion and I just love it.

Here is my stitched "Ladybug Ladybug" from Little House Needleworks. I've had this design for a long time but was finally spurrd on to stitch it for the spring SAL with the Little House yahoo group. This was really fun to stitch. I used a bone colored jobelan and DMC threads.

I'm trying to finish up the first three parts of "Alla Turca" this weekend, so hopefully I'll have a
picture to post tomorrow. It's kind of soupy outside so a good day to sit by the fire and stitch, I think!

Thanks for visiting!

11 comments:

  1. Wonderful ladybugs! The first one is by Erynne of Be-Stiched:

    http://be-stitched.blogspot.com/

    You did a terrific job of the LHN ~ too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of the gifts you received are just lovely!!! I love the Ladybug Ladybug you done. Great finish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely surprises. I love Erynne's Ladybug and want to stitch that one for sure.

    The LHN looks great!!!!! Congrats on the finish. I Love LHN designs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both the ladybugs are so nice. Look forward to seeing your fob finish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the ladybugs and monthly block!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love ladybirds ( as we call them here..along with bushybushy barnabee..from the norfolk side of my family) so a lovely gift methinks.
    Alla Turka! aargh...I am still trying to finish the first bit lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ladybugs - seems to be a theme here. Both pieces are so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the square and pincushion you've received. The little square will make an adorable fob...great idea! And the mattress pincushion is beautifully finished. I have wanted to try to make one for a while now.
    Ladybugs are very popular right now and your stitchy finish is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely gifts, both of them. And the LHN is gorgeous, great finish. Alla Turca...have to start mine over I'm not happy with 2 threads over 1, darn it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are very lovely gifts! A cute pattern for the Love Bug for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and thanks for your comments!