Thursday, March 19, 2009

mar 19 - off the diets

Well, not only have I gone off my weight loss diet (such as it was), but I have gone off my stash diet as well! I got a call yesterday from Acorns & Threads that a pattern I ordered was in, so of course I had to stop by this afternoon on the way home. The pattern is Midnight Stitching's "Quaker Winter Slumber"...one of my favorite designers...and I love that this will be a seasonal series. I picked out a piece of opalescent white cashel to stitch it on and some Weeks floss in "eggplant"...it's a kind of greyish-purple color that reminded me of winter. I think it will look really nice. I'm not sure yet if I will finish this as a bellpull or just frame it. I haven't really done a bellpull like this before...maybe I can find someone to finish it for me when the time comes!

Anyway...we didn't get to The Attic when we were in Arizona, so I had some stash cash just trying to get out of my wallet...so I gave in and got these three Blackbird Designs pieces..."March of the Daffodils", "Keepsake Box & Pinkeep", and "When This You See". BBD is another of my favorite designers, although I think I've only actually finished one design so far. But I feel a case of start-itis coming on.

It's been a long week and I am really looking forward to a weekend of stitching. Hope it happens!

Thanks for visiting and for all the wonderful comments...it's good to know I'm not the only one who sometimes has a bad morning!





9 comments:

  1. I just found this Bellpull Tutorial in the last couple of days. I knew I bookmarked it for a reason -- now I can share it with you. It looked pretty good to me. Love your new stash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new stash. The fabric and floss you've chosen are going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love to read about new stash enhancement. Isn't it one of the most exciting experiences in our stitcher's lives? Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl!! You just picked up some incredible stash!! I love them all! and the eggplant color is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great stash! I have not seen the Quaker Winter's Slumber chart and it looks like one I'd like. I think I feel a little stash enhancement coming on :-)

    I hope you have a great stitchy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for making my day Lynda!
    The fabric and thread will be beautiful for Quaker Winter's Slumber!!

    Your Alla Turca is turning out very stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI Lynda~ I have something for you on my blog! Please come and pay me a visit! http://belfontenotes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad you have a new pattern to stitch.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and thanks for your comments!