Wednesday, March 25, 2009

march 25 - Not Much Sttiching Going On

There hasn't been much stitching going on the past few days. Hubby has been sick...this happens so rarely, but when it does happen it happens big time...so I have been playing nurse some.
I did start CCN's "Daisy Sampler" and about 1/3 done and also stitched a little bit on my "Beatrix Potter Quaker Sampler". No pictures to post because I am at work without access to my camera.
I have been reading and listening to lots of books though...you know how I love my cozies and I've read a few of those..."Cream Puff Murder" by Joanne Fluke; "Batter Off Dead" by Tamar Myers; and "Oolong Dead" by Laura Childs. All good...especially the last one...this is the latest in the tea shop mystery series...one of my faves. I also just finished Maeve Binchy's latest, "Heart and Soul". She is one of my most favorite authors. I just love the Irish setting and the characters in her stories, and this one did not disappoint.
Well, must get back to work! We have "Creature Feature" coming to the library today. It's spring break so a good excuse to have some special programs...this guy brings all sorts of reptiles for the children to get to know. Not really my cup of tea but they have lots of fun!


9 comments:

  1. Lynda, sorry hubby has been sick..hope you don't catch the bug!! Sounds like you have had some enjoyable reads...I have a very dear friend that just loves those mystery series, too!

    Can't wait to see some pics of your latest WIPS!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your books sound really good. I know the authors you mention and I also love the tea shop series very much. Oh yes, these cozies, lol.
    Hope your husband will soon be on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynda, I just finished Cream Puff Murder last night. Don't you just wish Hannah would marry Norman??! LOL

    Hope your husband feels better soon.

    Have fun at your library program.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope that you hubby is feeling better soon! Don't know about yours, but my hubby is a big baby when he is sick!! LOL, I think I just spoil him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope DH is feeling better soon, Lynda. We had a creature feature kind of a guy come for scouts a few years ago. Not my cup of tea either, really but the albino boa constrictor was kind of cool. The kids will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What's wrong with this picture? Hubby is sick and I don't get to stitch....just like a man, and it happens to all of us, I'm sure. Well, I do hope you get to stop being the nurse and turn back into the stitcher soon. Loved the tea shop books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Maeve Binchy too :) I'm currently reading her Firefly Summer !
    Hope your hubby is getting better :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oH i haven't read of any Maeve Binchy books for years - you've put me right in mind to go down the library and get one..

    ReplyDelete
  9. The authors are not familiar to me, but I am sad for your DH.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and thanks for your comments!