Monday, December 5, 2011

december 5 - hi ho hi ho it's off to work we go

Well, one of us anyway...hubby stayed home today...the man never, well, rarely, takes a sick day, so I guess he is entitled! Besides, now he will be home to take one of our doggies to the vets this afternoon. Poor Eros has the worst allergies...he is constantly scratching and chewing on himself...it's uncomfortable to watch him. We've changed his diet and tried allergy medicines, but nothing seems to help enough. Hopefully the vet will have a solution.

My commute ended up taking twice as long as usual thanks to two accidents on the roads. It was really cold and there was this white frosty mist covering everything. The roads didn't really feel slippery, but then I don't drive like a maniac either! It always amazes me how some people drive like its warm and sunny and dry, when it isn't. Oh well, I got here safely and that's what counts.

It's evaluation time, and I had mine this morning. It went really well. I am really blessed to have a library director who is funny and smart and as much a friend as a boss. She was hired a few years ago, and really stepped into a minefield here. All of our best laid plans kind of got sidetracked and life has been crazy almost since her first day on the job. But, luckily, we work really well together and we both know that the other always has their back. I am truly grateful to have someone like her as my boss.

Unfortunately, I also had to give two evaluations last week. One went fine, as I knew it would. The other...not so much. At this point, I'm too tired to go into details except to say that she wasn't happy. I only even mention it because the whole experience just reinforced my belief that some things and some people just tend to sap way too much energy out of me. I was pretty much consumed with this thing for the last two weeks of the month...way too much time. But I learned my lesson, and now that it's done, I can look forward to next year!

I don't know if I mentioned that I have also joined Measi's WIPocalypse. I'll write more about that tomorrow, but before work this morning I had a few extra minutes and tried to start a list of all the WIPs I have laying around. Talk about scary! Without even having to think very hard I came up with 33! Some of these are carry-overs from last years' WIP challenge and some are carry-overs from the 2011 Crazy Start Challenge, with a few others thrown in for good measure. Obviously, I didn't do too well with the challenges last year!

So, more about that tomorrow...maybe even some pictures...maybe!

Thanks again for taking the time to visit and/or comment!

9 comments:

  1. Good luck on all those Challenges and also doing the Wipocalypse! I am doing the WIPocalypse, but I haven't even taken time yet to make up my list. Hopefully I will get to that soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It IS comforting to know that other people have lists almost as long or sometimes even longer than mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you made it safely to work. I loved Acorns, it was a joy to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello dear,yup..so happy that you made it to work.
    good luck with all the stitchy challenges :)
    love and hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to work in a library. I think it would be my ideal job. I've joined the WIPocalypse as well although I haven't got as many wips as I thought I had. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Luck with your Stitching Challenges! Looking forwardb to seeing those pics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Lynda. Thanks for sharing your blog link. I'm stalking oh I mean following you know haha. I joined in the WIPocalypse too. I look forward to stitching along with ya. Hope the vet can find some help for your pooch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope the vet can get your doggie help with the itching. I have loads of WIP's too and I couldn't began to say how many for sure.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am happy that the evaluation went fine.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and thanks for your comments!