Saturday, December 17, 2011

december 17 - first day out

My first day out in nearly a week, and probably not the best idea. But, Asher goes home tomorrow and that means I have to get to the stores after that, so I figured I might as well get my feet wet!

It was a beautifully sunny and clear day, and that helped. Asher went to a Christmas party with hubby for a bit this morning, his mom stopped by for a visit before going to work which was nice, and then we took him to the playground again, which he loves. He's sound asleep,which probably means he will not sleep through the night and will have me up again really late, but I don't really mind. He is such a joy...99.9% of the time!

I can't believe I only have one more day of vacation before I have to go back to work. It doesn't even feel like I had a vacation! Boo hoo...poor me! I'm hoping this week will go by quickly at work, and slowly in the evenings, because I have an enormous amount of stuff to get done. And if I don't pick up a needle and thread soon, I might just go into shock!

Speaking of which, my little gift today was a package of stitching needles...which I can never have enough of. I like to thread up lots of needles each time I sit down to stitch. I was talking to someone a few weeks ago and she said that she usually uses one needle for each project. Only one? That would make me crazy I think...all that threading and re-threading. Oh well...to each his own!

Anyway, I hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekend, and thanks for taking the time to visit!

5 comments:

  1. Good luck this week! I am a one needle stitcher as well. I think that is because my stitching is always traveling with me and keeping up with more than one needle would be hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lynda, Oh I hope that you feel really well and fit again soon. Holidays are always too short, aren't they? I love to read Cosy mysteries, too. What are your favourite series?

    Hugs, Kaye xoxox

    http://kittenstitching.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Each project I start has a set of needles....I keep them in business!
    I could never only use one at a time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello dear, i really hope you feel better soon..
    i am one needle stitcher too :)
    have a lovely time..
    hugs cucki xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use one needle for each project too. Right now I have a needle I have used on many projects.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and thanks for your comments!