Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Stitching Updates




I haven't been stitching as much as I'd like lately, but I did get a few things finished. One is "Quaker Row" by Midnight Stitching. I love this piece and plan to frame it and "Quaker Floral" in a similar fashion and hang them together. Another piece that I was happy to finish on time is "With the Heart" by Whimsey and Wit. I stitched this for my daughter and her husband for Christmas. The verse is from"The Little Prince" and it is part of the excerpt I read at their wedding. I changed the colors to autumn tones, which is what they also had at the wedding, and personalized it with Celtic lettering on the bottom. They loved it! I also completed stitching the last of my ornies for 2007. It is the first time I have actually kept up and stitched an ornie a month. I did this with the encouragement of the Stitcher's Timeout yahoo group. I'm planning to take a "Christmas in July" break and do all the finishing I neglected to do all year. This way I will have lots of new ornies to hang on next year's tree!

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting and thanks for your comments!