Saturday, October 25, 2008

october 25

Faith * Hope * Love
Quaker Christmas
Three Things


I can't believe it has been nearly a month since I blogged last! Where did the time go?
This has been a bit if a stressful month around here...as if this upcoming election wasn't already so important, the county where I work has a very important item on the ballot as well...they want to form a library district which would provide permanent operational funding for the libraries in the county. If it doesn't pass, several of the libraries will probably be shutting down over the next few years, mine among them. I know there is really nothing I can do...and I have tried not to think about it too much, but I can feel the effects of the stress on me and I will be so happy when this whole thing is finished. If anyone has any extra good vibes to send, please do...libraries are so important, and a good value to boot!

Anyway, I have been doing some stitching at least! I will have met all of my goals for the month for the first time in a long time!
These photos show my progress so far on the two pieces that I would really like to have finished by year's end...."Three Things Sampler" by Moira Blackburn and "Quaker Christmas" by ByGone Stitches. I also had a finish this month...."Faith*Hope*Love" by Midnight Stitching. It is stitched on jobelan (I think the color is wood violet) with Carrie's Threads in Bordeaux. I love Marianne's Quaker designs. I also did a some exchanges -- pinkeeps and ornies --but I can't show pictures of those yet.

5 comments:

  1. Great stitching ! Love the color you used on the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynda; I will send good vibes your way on your library issue for your voters. I wholehearted agree that library funding and libraries in general are vital to our communities. I am Library Director at our District Library.

    By the way, love your stitching. I agree the primitive pieces are wonderful!

    Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your stitching (and your wips) are absolutely lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how Faith Hope Love turned out. So pretty! You're really making alot of progress on Quaker Christmas too. Almost there!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and thanks for your comments!