Friday, January 2, 2009

jan. 2 ~ happy new year! ~




I can hardly believe it's a new year! Where did the last one go??
I want to update my photo album with pictures of all my finishes for 2008 but probably won't get to it until later this week. I was surprised to see that I had 53 finishes...many were small pieces, but that's a lot for me nonetheless.
I started the Beatrix Potter Quaker Sampler last night and nearly finished one motif. My DH got me a floor stand for Christmas, which was a wonderful surprise, but it took me a little while to get used to using it. And we had to move the recliner back downstairs and my stitching chair upstairs...so it didn't leave much time to stitch. I'm planning on working on it some more on Sunday so I will post a picture then.
Here is a photo of my last stitch of 2008..."Penguins First Christmas" by Brooke Nolan. I was looking through some stash on Christmas Eve and came across this pattern and thought it would be so cute for Asher. I knew I wouldn't see him until late on Christmas night so I stitched like a crazy woman and put the finishing touches on literally minutes before they walked through the door. I know he doesn't even know what an ornament is yet...he's only 5 months old!...but maybe someday he'll think it's kind of cute!
Here's the ornie and a picture of Asher with his Pappi and one of him with his Auntie Sara.


7 comments:

  1. Adorable finish - wtg with 53 for the year. Lovely pics, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, 53 finishes, that is something! Your ornament for Asher is loevly. It's never too early to start a tradition, even if he doesn't know now what an ornament is. He will appreciate this one and all the others that will follow in the future.

    He's such a little cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on all your finishes! That is a darling ornament for an adorable Asher!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ornament looks beautiful! WOW! 53 finishes, I can't even picture me getting half that done. Way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your 53 finishes! And Asher is absolutely adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pics! Asher is precious:)
    Love the ornie you made for him!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and thanks for your comments!