Thursday, March 4, 2010

march 4 - great mail day!

After a very long day, I came home to a mailbox full of goodies...a beautiful piece of pale blue fabric from Silkweavers, an ornament and a special surprise from my sister!

Edgar had my name for the ornament exchange this round and he stitched this wonderful ornament for me. It is a design from Mary Garry, stitched on 30 ct antique cotton with DMC threads. It is really pretty and I know it will look beautiful on our tree next year.




Tracy was my partner, and since she has received her ornie I can show it to you now. I stitched this freebie design from primitivebettys for her. I have stitched this three times before and I never get tired of it! This time I added a little extra button.



My sister loves to take photos and when she and my niece were here a few weeks ago she always had her camera ready. Today I received a wonderful photo album from her filled with lots of photos from their visit. She also sent the photo CD so I can make more copies if I want. There are lots of pics of Asher, or course. What a wonderful surprise!

Time to walk the doggies!

Thanks for visiting!

8 comments:

  1. What an absolutely perfect mail day! The ornaments are very nice and I bet it was fun to look through all the photos =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous mail day!

    Photo gifts are always so very special and how wonderful of your sister to send you an album. Since we've gone digital, it seems like I never actually print my photos. I need to get better at that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great mail day! Edgar's ornament is lovely--I love Mary Beale--and your ornament is great, too. Primitive Betty does such neat stuff. :) The album souns like a wonderful keepsake of a fun visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both the ornies - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both the ornaments are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Lynda, these are two gorgeous exchnage pieces. I love both ornaments and the respective finishings.
    You must be so glad that tax season is over. In our household my husband makes all the paperwork and I'm soooo grateful for that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun! The big reveal of exchanges is always nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your ornament is great! You did a wonderful job.

    The photo album is such a wonderful surprise!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and thanks for your comments!