Saturday, January 8, 2011

january 8 - bring on the weekend!

It is looking pretty gray outside...we are due for some nasty weather this week. I'm not a fan of snow and especially ice, so hopefully it will not be as bad as predicted.

For now, I have a few things to share. My Thursday start was 'Tis Better from La-D-Da. Here is what I accomplished right before bedtime. Please excuse the hoop marks!


And this is my Friday start..Ida Mae Crow from The Goode Huswife. I wish I had more time last night, but again...just a few stitches before bedtime.


And the reason I have not made much progress on any of my starts this past week...my first finish of 2011...Gabrielle Rose from La-D-Da. I am really pleased with the way this turned out. It is stitched over one with one thread on 25 ct. ecru evenweave and DMC threads. And the best part is that I finished it on time to mail it and have it received before the Christening...happy dances all around!


We are off to breakfast, and then late,r my grandson is coming to spend the night. I think there will be plenty of football, playing with trains and puzzles, and probably not much stitching...but my start for today will be one of Lizzie Kate's Boxers - Did You Ever Stop to Think - so I may get a few stitches in after all!

Hope you are all having a great Saturday!

Thanks for visiting!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful finish and like your 2 new starts, look forward to watching them grow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great start on your La D Da.
    I am going to be stitching Ida Mae too. Maybe we can do kind of a SAL.

    Your birth sampler is beautiful. It didn't take you long at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your finish is beautiful!

    I don't think the challenge specified how much you had to get done on your starts so you are doing just fine imo! Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful finish! Hope the weather isn't as bad as they say! Keep warm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this birth sampler, it is so pretty, congrats on getting it finished. Also love your new starts...will visit again to see your progresses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely finish - a beautiful keepsake for the parents.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and thanks for your comments!