Monday, January 23, 2012

january 23 - TUSAL, updates and prayers, please


Well, this was an interesting weekend. Hubby was sick in bed with the flu all weekend, and it rained and rained. I tackled a cleaning/organizing project in the dining room that I have been procrastinating about for way too long, watched a lot of football (Go Giants!!) and got some stitching done.

This was International Hermit and Stitch Weekend, and it was the first time I have participated in that. On Friday, I joined some fellow stitchers from the Friendly Stitchers group and started a piece called Traditional Sampler. This was designed by Nancy, a member of the group, before I joined. I guess there was a SAL at that time, but a few of the members have resurrected the design from the files to SAL again. It's a really pretty sampler, and I am enjoying stitching it. I am a couple of weeks behind, but this is where I am so far


I am also going to try and keep up with stitching an ornament a month for 2012. I stitched and finished this one on Saturday. It is a design called White Christmas by Maria Warmke. It was in the November 2011 issue of The Gift of Stitching magazine. I used Weeks thread in Holly and stitched on 32 ct. red Belfast linen. The fabric underneath is what I used for the backing.


I also made a little bit of progress on my BAP...Quaker Christmas II. This is slow going, but it is fun to stitch


We had another color exchange for January at Every Stitch Counts. The color was blue/blue gray and this is the wonderful package I received from Pam. I especially love the little bluebird...it is hanging beside my stitching chair already! And there are all kinds of trims and threads and fabric, and a lovely pair of scissors, and other goodies as well. Thanks again Pam for a great exchange!

And here is my first TUSAL update of 2012! Lots of pretty colors in there....


Finally, I have to ask for prayers for my sister. She called last night with some bad health news and I know she can use as many prayers as can be sent her way. She has had a rough year, and now it is getting even rougher. Thank you.

And thanks for visiting, and for all your wonderful comments. They are very much appreciated!

17 comments:

  1. I love your finishes and your WIPs! I will definitely keep your sister in my prayers....I'm writing her down in my prayer book so that I can remember :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful stitching, Lynda. I'm glad you had fun on your first IHSW. :D

    Will remember your sis in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly have been busy! Will keep your sister in my prayers.

    happy stitching....

    ReplyDelete
  4. An ornament a month, wow! Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. prayers going your sisters way. Congrats on the ornie it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great ornament finish and lovely stitching on your samplers.
    Sending good wishes for your sister

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely ornament finish..and beautiful stitching on your sampler..
    your sister is in my pryaers..
    love xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooooo the sampler looks gorgeous and you have caught up well :) love the ornament and well done on you cleaning project too .... hope hubby feels better soon and positive thoughts being sent your sisters way (((hugs))) love mouse xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty progress, and ort jar. Hope sis well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Update. Love your ornament. I will keep your sister in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful stitching Lynda!!Lovely exchange too.

    So sorry to hear about your sister. I hope things turn out for the better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful stitching & the little bird is so cute!
    Keeping your sis in my thoughts and prayers...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lots of wonderful stitching done and I am thinking of your sister and wishing her all the best.

    hugs, Kaye xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  15. It was also my first time at IHSW:) YOu have beautiful stitches here :)

    All the best to your sister...keep safe:**

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am sad for your sister. The sampler is beautiful. You sure can stitch.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and thanks for your comments!