Thursday, April 5, 2012

april 6 - WIPocalypse time again!


These monthly postings sure make it seem like the months are just flying right by!

I've actually accomplished quite a few things since last time...an Easter exchange (I don't know if this has been received yet, so can't post a pic), three PIFs (also, no pics yet), an ornament and my first band on Dawn of Spring (pictures in previous post), and another finish and WIP.

The WIP is Coverlet Birds from The Scarlet House. I started this last year in June or July and only put in a few stitches before something else came up (can't remember what!). So I picked it up the other day and have decided that this will be my "at work" project. I don't get much stitching time at work, but every little stitch counts! it is being stitched on a mystery fabric with GAST threads.


I have also finished Traditional Sampler by Nancy Taplin. This sampler was offered last year (or maybe even earlier than that) at the Friendly Stitchers group. A few of us decided to resurrect it and do a SAL this year. I love this design, and it was such a pleasure to stitch. It is stitched on one of Sassy's fabrics (mineral ice) with Weeks Williamsburg floss.


I'm not sure what I'm going to concentrate next. I have so many WIPs and so many new things I'd like to start...it is kind of overwhelming! And in a search for something else last night, I discovered a whole bunch of other things I had forgotten I had. I think it may be time for some real sorting and purging, so I may end up having a massive on-line garage sale sometime in the future! The magazines alone are threatening to smother me!

Anyway, hope everyone has a wonderful weekend planned. We will have our grandson for a sleepover this weekend...still have to get his Easter basket together!

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment! I really do appreciate it.

7 comments:

  1. lovely finish of the sampler and I think it was further back than that ..lol just checked 2008 eeekk ..lol
    hope you have a wonderful Easter with the GS and good luck with the sorting sounds like you will need it heheheh :) love mouse xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your finish! Like you, I have a work project that I only get a few minutes on and not every work day. But it does make a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Traditional Sampler turned out lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet finish of Traditional Sampler!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's really a great finish. And your new WIPocalypse piece made me very curious. I'm looking forward to seeingthe progress pictures this year.
    You are right - time is just flying and this WIPocalypse thing makes me think of it just more often, lol. I always want to stitch more on my WIPs but then the 4 weeks are over and there's no progress on them. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sampler looks really striking, it's lovely. Congrats on the finish :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and thanks for your comments!