Saturday, May 11, 2013

TUSAL & a shoe victory!

 Another New Moon...another TUSAL offering. Not too bad considering I only stitched this past week. Getting back in the groove though!

 

After Jeff's eye apppointment (he had to get another shot in the eye...ouch!) I decided to go out and try to find some shoes for the wedding. One of my co-workers had a cute pair of sandals on this week and I thought something like those would be perfect...patent leather and they were even the right color...but she bought them two years ago, so I hoped to find something similar. Off to DSW, where after much searching, I found a cute pair of wedges that I thought might be ok...I sent the photo to my daughter and she liked them, so I bought them and headed out. Once in the car, I started thinking that maybe they were a bit too casual...my dress is a little sparkly, and these shoes...while really cute...are canvas. So I headed across the road to Nordstrom Rack and searched through their shoes. Just when I had given up and was ready to leave, I looked up, and there on the top shelf of clearance shoes was the exact same pair of sandals my friend had...in the right color...and more importantly, in my sizre! I couldn't believe it, so I tried them on, sent the pic to DD (who loved them) and bought them in a flash. Still can't believe my luck...they were the only pair like them too!

And before I go, this is the little patriotic square I stitched for the block exchange at Stitchers' Timeout. It is an old freebie from Heart in Hand - Freedom.


I hope all you moms have a wonderful Mother's Day tomorrow. Thanks for taking the time to visit!

10 comments:

  1. Lucky, indeed! So glad you found the perfect shoes! Cute finish. Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That shoe story is amazing! You are so lucky! Cute patriotic design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you , that you found the right shoes how lucky was that !.

    Great stitching hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lucky with the shoes! A cute stitching square too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was meant to be for you to have those shoes. Love the Freedom piece. love Annette

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fortunate about the shoes! It was obviously meant to be!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great fine and a bargain to boot! Haha. Cute little stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You were at the right place at the right time - lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely cute stitchy finish. Very lucky finding those shoes :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and thanks for your comments!