Friday, February 20, 2015

Late SAL Check-Ins

Yup, it's that time of the month again...time to check in with the Gifted Gorgeousness SAL and the Totally Useless SAL...and guess who's late again?

I've finished three pieces of gifted gorgeousness, the SAL hosted by Jo...two were Valentine exchanges that I couldn't show last month because they hadn't been received yet. The first was sent to Judith in Germany. The pattern is called Patriotic Heart by AuryTM. I changed the colors to something more Valentiney (?) from the red, white and blue called for. Stitched on a bluish/lilac color jobelan with Crescent Colours "Miss Madalynn thread, and made into a small pin pillow.

 
 
This second exchange was sent to Tami in Alabama.The design is Love Never Fails by the Primitive Hare, stitched on a lugana from Picture This Plus (Ancient) with Gentle Arts thread in "Old Brick", and again, made into a small pin pillow.


The third piece I stitched was a design gifted to me by DJ, my Friendly Stitchers' Secret Santa this year. It is from Lizzie Kate, and called Life Is Not Measured. I stitched it on a lugana from Picture This Plus (Mesa) using some of the called for threads, and substituting some others from what I had in my stash. They are all either Gentle Arts, Crescent Colours or Weeks threads though. I really enjoyed stitching this one...not sure how I am going to finish it yet though.



Since I was stitching quite a bit in January, trying to keep up with Debbie's Ultimate Challenge, there are lots of threads in my little ort bowl for this month. I've been trying to stitch at least a little bit each day, and have really been enjoying it again. If you want to join in the TUSAL fun, you can click on the link in my sidebar to find out how.


We'll see you all again next month...hopefully on time!

Thanks for taking the time to visit!







11 comments:

  1. Beautiful stitching Lynda , love your frog of orts .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful stitching. Those pin pilllows are so cute and I love the fabric you chose for the Lizzie*Kate one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Valentine's gifts you made. The color change in the 1st on looks so pretty - it gives a whole new feel but still has heart (pun intended). "LNF" is also a wonderful finish (cute heart buttons). Congrats on your LK finish - its Beautiful too. All your projects are fantastic.
    love Annette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful finishes! I Love love love your ort frog! So Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on all the gorgeous finishes Lynda. Nice bowl of orts.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely finishes and d your orts jar is filling well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What lovely finishes - your stitching is so pretty. I love all the designs. I'd be hard pressed to pick one I liked better than another.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful stitching and finishing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. Don't forget to link up on the Feb page, you have until the end of the month.
    I really like your gifts, especially the first heart, such pretty colours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. There are lot of ends. I mean in that bowl.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and thanks for your comments!