Thursday, September 24, 2015

there's an app for that

I've noticed some chat on Facebook about the app X-Stitch, and just wanted to talk about it a little bit.

The app doesn't have an Android component  (yet!), but I've been using it on my iPad for several months now, and just wanted to say how much I love it! If you are like me, you are always looking for an easy way to keep track of the threads and charts that you have stashed. I've tried making excell sheets, and I also made some google sheets. These all work ok, but you have to put in everything yourself and I just don't have the time or patience for that.

This X-Stitch app makes things so much easier.  There is a simple shopping list page to keep track of all the things you absolutely have to have (because we can never have enough stash, right?) There is also a journal section. This includes a wishlist, as well as a place to keep track of all your projects...kitted, started and finished. There is a place for the name and designer, along with notes about your supplies and just things in general that you  might want to add.

The inventory section is worth its weight in gold. There are over 20 different makes of threads listed. All the colors are there. You just click on the brand, add what you have to the color name and you're good to go. The charts section has almost 100 designers listed. Again, you click on a designer, and then list the patterns you have. Easy peasy!

And something I really appreciate is the excellent customer service the developers of this app show. You can just send them an email, and they will add a designer if they are not already listed, or color names if they are missing from the thread lists. You can also make suggestions for future additions to the lists (like thread manufacturers that are not already included). They are very prompt with their replies too.

I can't remember the cost of the app...I want to say $2.99...but seriously, it is worth every penny and then some. If you are on the fence about trying this, I encourage you to do it. I don't think you will regret it for a minute!

Thanks for taking the time to visit...hope you enjoy your day!

7 comments:

  1. I got this app a while ago and I really like it too. I love being able to add photos from my iPad so easily.
    I also like the support from the makers too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope they make an android version cause I would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is an amazing app. I just got it. I don't know if I really want to know how many charts I have,. I asked my husband if he wanted to know and lucky for me, he doesn't. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. After reading your post, I downloaded it and entered all my GAST and Classic Colourworks, and then became bored! It's real handy and will force me to get into the nooks and crannies and hopefully get organized.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought it the day it came out and love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have this App as well... absolutely love it! Would definitely recommend it!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and thanks for your comments!