Monday, January 6, 2020

WIPocalypse 2020

This isn't the first time I have attempted to participate in this event! Usually, I have great hopes for the year, but my WIPs tend to linger while my new starts multiply. This year, however, I am making a really concerted effort to work through all my WIPs (with the help of other groups and challenges) so I feel much more confident about making a go of WIPocalypse this year..

At present, I have over 40 WIPs, and I do plan on touching all of them at some point during the year. But I think I will choose 12 to start with as (hopefully) achievable goals:

1. Quilts for All Seasons - January (Paula Vaughn): This is my oldest WIP and it is at least 20 years old! I love this piece, but I think I made an error somewhere along the way on the quilt, and with all the 1/4 stitches on Aida, I just gave up. Here is where it is now:

2. Alice (Lynne Nicoletti): My second oldest WIP (around the same time as the first), also on Aida. Here is where it is now:

3. A Good Marriage (Lizzie Kate): Started in January 2017. It was meant to be an anniversary gift for my husband that year...maybe this year? Here is where it is now:

4. Queen of the Needle (Just Nan): I love this design, and was fortunate enough to be able to borrow the pattern from a very generous fellow stitcher. But I have been very neglectful with my stitching of it, and I really want to make it a priority this year, so I can return the pattern. Here is where it is now:

5. Grace Quaker Sampler (Sampler Cove): This was started as a SAL in December of 2018. I love Quaker designs and really enjoy stitching this one. I am going to try and alternate it with three other monochromatic stitches until they are all done. Here is where it is now:


6. Another monochromatic piece...this is Dreidel Dreidel (Ink Circles) started in January 2018. Here is where it is now:

7. The third monochromatic piece is called Deers Among Wood (Dessins DHC). I can't remember when I started this. I do remember seeing it stitched over one at my LNS many years ago and I fell in love with it. I bought the pattern then, but didn't start it until only a few years ago when I found a thread through Stitchy Box that I thought would be perfect for the piece.  I am not stitching it over one however! Here is where it is now:

8. The fourth piece is a new WIP, started Jan 1 this year. It is called Quaker Street (Marjorie Massey).
Just barely a WIP, but I really love it and would love to see it completed this year. Here is my little start:

9. Music Amongst the Trees (Rosewood Manor). This was my January 1, 2019 start. I would love to finish it this year. Here is where it is now:

10. Strawberry Fields Forever (Blackbird Designs) This one has been hanging around since April of 2016. I don't know why, because I really love it. It just keeps getting pushed aside, I guess! Here is where it is now:

11. Celtic Autumn (Lavender and Lace) I was really surprised when I pulled this out and saw how far I had stitched on this piece. I do not remember when I started this, but it was many years go. I remember that I got the color conversion from one of the old Yahoo stitching groups. Here is where it is now:

12. Olde Shaker Tune (Homespun Elegance). This is another very old piece and again, I can't remember when I started it. This is one of my very favorite hymns and I hope to finally finish it this year. Here is where it is now:

So...whew! Sorry for such a long post! Like I said before, these are only about 1/4 of my WIPs total, but if I can get these finished this year, I will be very happy!
I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone else is planning for the year and stitching together to get our WIPs done!

From the "What Dogs Teach Us" calendar for January: 
Being kind is more important than being important

Hope everyone has a great stitchy day!

4 comments:

  1. I wish you tons of luck. I will be here cheering you along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be here cheering you on for your WIPs stitching. You have lovely pieces started. And that quote is truly a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've chosen some great projects to focus on this year. I like the monochromes and Celtic Autumn in those colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The "Music Amongst the trees" one is great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and thanks for your comments!