Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Spring has sprung….or has it?

It’s the week after Easter, and we had snow flurries last week, so is it really spring? The sun is peeking through the rain clouds, and baseball season has finally started, so I’m saying yes!

Does anyone still blog in the age of Flosstube?? I’m thinking probably not so much, but I’m remembering how much I used to enjoy this, so it’s worth trying again.

I have been doing some stitching  this year, but not as much as I would have liked to. I have finally realized that I am a very slow stitcher, but that’s ok. I still enjoy every stitch, and that’s what is important to me.

I’ve had 2 finishes this year, as well as several starts. I’m doing WIPGO again, but am doing starts instead of WIPs. I’m keeping up with my goal of working on each called for project for 5 days (mostly), and I can see some finishes in my future, so I’m ok with it.

My last finish of 2021 was finished on New Years’s Eve…it is ‘Miss Bingley’s Library’ from Plum Street Samplers.  I really enjoyed stitching this one. Since I hate stitching with white thread, I changed the color of the library…I used a thread from Threadworx that was white with a bit of blue mixed in. I really like the way it turned out.


My first finish of 2022 was actually one of my January WIPGO picks. I finished stitching it during the Love to Stitch 2022 challenge at embroidery.com. Stitching on it every day during February helped and I finished it the first week of March. It was a bit stressful, because I was using a thread from Victorian Motto Sampler Threads…I thought I had enough, but the closer I got to the end, the more nervous I got. Victorian Motto no longer makes all their individual colors, but I was very lucky to have a fellow stitcher send me a skein, and I was able to finish, with a little bit to spare! 

This is ‘Peace Band Sampler’ by Heartstring Samplery. The thread is Angel Flower from Victorian Motto.


My second finish is an older WIP…I’m not sure when I started it, but it was at least a few years ago. At the time, I wanted to finish it during Lent. I think this happened two or three years in a row. But this year I decided to just keep at it until it was finished, and I did finish it in time for Easter. This is ‘Prayer of St. Francis’ from Lizzie Kate, using most of the called for threads (except 1, I think!)


And I’m getting really close to a finish (finally!!) on this one ‘Quaker Christmas II’ from ByGone Stitches. I feel like I’ve been working on this one forever! Maybe soon…….


Anyway, that’s all for now. Hopefully, I’ll have more to show soon.
Please be kind to yourself, and others.
And keep Ukraine in your prayers.











7 comments:

  1. Good seeing your posts again. I don't post much but do still really enjoy reading blogs. Your stitching is wonderful. Love your design choices. I truly believe that if you enjoy, who cares how long it takes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see your new post, Lynda! Well done on your finishes! Love the Heartstring Samplery piece! Your Christmas Quaker is looking fabulous, and it won't be much longer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous stitching and how wonderful to see a post from you. There are still plenty of blogs out here, check out my Easter Hop for 20 of them!
    I love the Library Sampler quote, I do agree with that one. The Christmas Quaker is stunning too.
    I do hope you keep up with regular updates and come visit me too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least I'm still reading this. And I have my blog too, but there's that "you must sign in through the account Q, if you want to blog" - kind of thing, that makes me a bit lazy. And because I've signed in through the account Z, I rather stay online with Z, even if I can't blog through Z.
    In stitching wise I'm busier than ever. I have this married couple of friends, who have their Ruby Anniversary this year, and I have a gift in the making. Then another couple I know is going to say "I do!" in the future. I need to stitch them a little gift. Then there are some "my warmest condolences" type things I must stitch. The receivers have no idea. Keeping all these secrets is far from easy, but one must keep them so that one can surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a great content on here, I find something in herbal medicine good to share on here with anyone suffering from the disease such as HIV, Herpes, Hepatitis,Diabetes, Spinal cancer,Stomach cancer,Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancer,
    Testicular cancer,Tach Diseases,Pancreatic Cancer,Leukemia,Liver cancer,Throat cancer,Scoliosis,Brain Tumor,Fibromyalgia, Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Bladder cancer,Brain cancer,Hiv,Herpes,Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,Hodgkin lymphoma
    Intestinal cancer,Kidney cancer,Hpv,Lung cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Multiple myeloma,Neuroendocrine tumors
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresS sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Chronic Lyme Disease, Lupus as well.Dr Itua herbal made cure my HIV and gave me hope that he can cure all types of diseases I believed him) I do the best of myself that I can do, I went for a program in west Africa about fashion on another side I was HIV positive. I walk through a nearby village for our program schedule then I found a signage notice that says Dr Itua Herbal Center then I asked my colleagues what all about this very man called Dr Itua, She told me that he's a herbal doctor and he can cure all kind of disease i walked to him and explain myself to him as I'm a strangler out there he prepared me herbal medicine and told me how to drink it for two weeks, when I get to my hotel room I take a look at it then says a prayer before I drank it not knowing after two weeks I went to test and I found out I was negative I ran to him to pay him more but he refuses and says I should share his works for me around the globe so sick people can see as well. I'm writing a lot about him this season so that is how I was cured by drinking Dr Itua herbal medicine, He's A caring man with a godly heart. Well - everything I decided all went through for me well and how you're going to treat this new aspect to your life. You don't have to suffer alone, and it's okay to ask for help. It also doesn't have to be a constant demon, as you'll get to know your body and yourself in a much deeper way than most people. Take advantage of this, as it will help you appreciate Africa Herbal Made.
    Dr Itua Contact Information.
    Email...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com. 
    Whatsapp Number....+2348149277967   

    ReplyDelete
  6. So proud of your blog, I have been out of touch for a while with so much going on in my life and I was lost because of my illness but I'm stronger and I am here to tell you about a natural remedy that is guaranteed to make you wonder why your doctor didn't tell you about it. Then, on the other hand, it is pretty obvious why your doctor didn't, because that's not his job, is it? But, seriously, promise me you won't get too angry with your health practitioner, it's really not their fault. They can only practice what they're told to practice, right? When your health is at risk there's no time for Tom foolery, you've got to get down to the cause and nip it in the bud. So you've been suffering from painful gout attacks have you? Well, allow me to give you a new perspective on the solution to what plagues you I was once in your shoe until my college friend introduce me to Dr Itua herbal center which cure my hiv/herpes,Lymphedema, after drinking it for two weeks as instructed, Dr Itua is an africa herbal doctor who has natural power to cure all human illness diseases I believe Dr Itua so much because he help me cure my hiv/ herpes which has being my burden in life so I promised Dr Itua that I will testify about his work online after curing me and that is what I'm doing here so please if you are sick from those diseases do not hesitate to write Dr Itua Herbal Center On Email: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or chat with him on his online store www.drituaherbalcenter.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and thanks for your comments!