Monday, February 2, 2009

feb 2

Well, I guess the groundhog saw his shadow so we'll be having 6 more weeks of winter. As long as we don't get any more snow I guess I can handle the cold. For some reason I have been unable to get warm this year. Even at work, my hands and my nose feel like ice cubes...and yes, we do have heat. Is this just one more thing that happens as we get older? I hope not!
Thanks to everyone for the get well wishes. I'm almost afraid to say it out loud, but I think I have turned a corner here and am feeling better. Let's hope so!
Did you all watch the Super Bowl? I didn't really care which team won this year, but I thought it was a good game overall. And it was definately worth watching for Bruice Springsteen at half-time. He is one of my faves and always puts on a great show. And now that football season is over...it's almost time for baseball. Yeah!
I managed to get some stitching done this weekend, but can't show any pictures yet. I finished 2 sets of squares for Fair & Square and also did the finishing on my exchange piece for the Year Long Prairie Schooler exchange. It wasn't hard once I decided how I wanted to finish it! I'll be mailing all of these out tomorrow, so hopefully I can show pictures soon.
Hope everyone is managing to stay warm!

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for popping over to my blog...your Moira Blackburn is lovely. Are you enjoying it?
    All the best
    Gaynor

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm either cold or hot - no in-between! Congrats on the finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynda, so good to know that you are feeling better. You were having your cold long enough.
    I think I would have watched the Superbowl just for Bruce Springsteen. And he sand one of my favourites, Glory Days.
    I'm also in the PS exchnage but haven't finished my exchange piece yet. I'm looking forward to seeing yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't like the cold anymore. I'm really looking forward to the winter. It seems that we have a long and very cold winter this year. Hope you can stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad to hear you're beginning to feel better! My cold seems to be making a comeback after a couple of days of feeling better.

    There's a lovely space heater next to my desk here at home that's almost always on. The dog and I both enjoy it. :D Then when I stitch I have my heating pad on on chair keeping my back warm. Being cold tenses up all my muscles and like you, I've had it with the cold for one year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you're feeling better! :)

    Like you, I get cold and stay cold, too. Seems like the only thing that'll warm me up is either a hot bath or a nice fire in the fireplace.

    I look forward to seeing your pictures when you can post them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am happy that you are getting better.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and thanks for your comments!